City Clerk Home


The City Clerk department is responsible for issuing various city licenses including animal, liquor and tempory vendors.

Key Topics

You do not need to obtain a permit to hold a garage sale, but the following applies: No person, firm, organization or corporation shall hold a garage sale for a longer period than two days, nor shall the same person or organization hold more than two such sales within a period of one year, nor shall more than two sales be held at the same place within a period of one year.
City of Evans Colorado
Licensing Requirements. The owner, keeper, harborer, or any other person who has assumed the responsibility for any dog or cat within the City shall secure a license for such dog or cat from the City Clerk. No license shall be required for any dog or cat under the age of six months. No license shall be required for seeing eye dogs.
Obtaining a liquor license in the City of Evans is a privilege, not a right. Liquor licenses are issued by the State and the City of Evans.