Municipal Court Home
Welcome to the Evans Municipal Court Web page. We hope that this information will make it easier for individuals to get information about the Court and hopefully will make their dealings with the Court more informed.
If you wish to pay a fine before your scheduled court date you may do so in most cases. Many summonses are payable in advance of court and, if paid, do not require a court appearance. However, by paying the fine, you are pleading guilty to the charged offense. Based upon the payment, a conviction would enter and if the charge is a violation of the Model Traffic Code a report of the conviction would be made to the Colorado Motor Vehicle Division and points would be assessed on your driver's history.
The number of points for each offense should be indicated on the summons. If the summons states an amount for the fine and surcharge; payment in advance may be made in one of three ways:
- A check or money order may be mailed to the Court Clerk's office
- Payment may be made in person at the Court Clerk's office
- Payment may be made online click here
- A check or money order may be deposited into the locked drop box located in front of the Community Complex
- Sign your copy of the ticket and return with your payment. If your ticket is not signed, you will not receive the point reduction.
All payments should be made payable to "City of Evans." To assure proper credit, payment should be accompanied by the Defendant's copy of the summons. If the summons does not state an amount for a fine then payment in advance of court is not permitted. A court appearance by the Defendant is mandatory.
Evans Municipal Court regularly meets for arraignments or "first appearances" on the first, second and third Thursdays of each month beginning at 9:00 am. Trials, hearings and reviews are held on the first Wednesday of each month beginning at 9:00 a.m. Unless otherwise ordered, all Court sessions are open to the public.