Welcome to the Engineering Department
Welcome to the City of Evans Engineering Department. We have the privilege and responsibility to serve our community with designing, planning, and implementing Public Works projects. We also perform subdivision inspections and reviews, approve construction in the public right-of-way, and review annexation proposals. We also participate in the right-of-way acquisition for Capital Improvement Projects. Don’t know what any of that means? That’s ok! We’re a transparent book of blueprints. Contact us anytime and we’d be happy to discuss what we’re up to around town.
What we do
- Our crew assists in the design of streets, water and sewer mains, and other public improvements.
- Our crew reviews and approves designs by outside consultants.
- Our crew assists in providing project management and scheduling from beginning of the project through completion. This process includes bid advertising, bid awards, contract administration and inspection.
- Our crew reviews and issues permit for all public and private activities in the public right-of-way.
- Our crew reviews for accuracy and maintains records of plats, surveys, excavation permits, right-of-way- permits and all necessary documents.
- Our crew updates all infrastructure maps and assists in forming of special improvement districts.
- Our crew provides technical assistance including drafting, surveying, and construction management on Public Works Capital Improvement Projects.
- Our crew maintains and updates water and sewer maps.