Pursuant to the City of Evans Home Rule Charter and Municipal Code, the City Council shall appoint an eligible person to fill a vacancy within 90 days. Assuming the City Council wishes to make the appointment based on a process of applications and interviews, the following timeline provides for a candidate to be sworn in at the October 17, 2023 Regular City Council meeting:
August 15, 2023
- City Council declares a vacancy in Ward 2.
August 16, 2023
- Postcards are mailed to active registered voters in Ward 2.
- Vacancy advertisement posted on Facebook, X (formerly known as Twitter) and City of Evans website.
- Vacancy application available on City of Evans website.
- Applicant interview questions distributed to City Council Members for review and input.
September 27, 2023
- Applications from individuals interested in the City Council vacancy are due by 1:00 p.m.
September 28, 2023
- Applicant packets will be distributed to City Council Members for review.
October 4 or 5, 2023 (actual date to be determined by Council discussion)
- 5:30 pm: Work Session in Council Chambers – Applicant interviews will be conducted in half hour increments; 20-minute interviews and 10-minute council discussion.
October 17, 2023
- Regular City Council meeting – Selected applicant will be appointed to the City Council.
Ward 2 Application.pdf