Incentives and Assistance
We know your business is unique and so are your needs. We don’t have a “one size fits all” approach to our discussions with you, and we want to talk with you about how we can help make your business a success here in Evans. The City of Evans takes pride in building relationships with our business owners. Let us know your specific needs so we can partner in making your venture a success!
For qualified businesses needing assistance with expansion or relocation plans, various incentives and or assistance programs may be available. The availability of assistance depends on the project type and size, community impact of the project, as well as location. Additional criteria may include total capital investment, number of jobs and wage levels, and if a property will be leased or purchased.
Assistance may be available from not only the City of Evans, but through Weld County and Upstate Colorado Economic Development, as well as the State of Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade, Aims Community College and utility companies.
City of Evans Programs
- Development fee rebates
- Sales/Use tax rebates
- Enterprise Zone located properties
- Redevelopment areas - Highway 85 Corridor and Historic Evans Areas
- Storefront Improvement Program
- This exterior improvement program supports businesses and property owners in with a reimbursement for enhancing commercial properties in Evans.
- The program accepts applications annually with businesses and properties located within the Highway 85 or Evans Historic Redevelopment Areas having priority until June 1 of each year.
- Dedicated assistance through site selection, development and licensing process, business opening and beyond
- No employment “head” tax
- Host Small Business Development Center (SBDC) advising services and classes in the City of Evans
- Local business support activities
- Demographic and data assistance
- Community touring and briefing
Evans has an area selected as an Opportunity Zone enacted as part of the 2017 tax reform package (Tax Cuts and Jobs Act). See image below for map of Evans Opportunity Zone. Staff of the City of Evans may assist you with identifying properties available within the Opportunity Zone area.
Weld County Programs
Upstate Colorado Economic Development represents the County of Weld for site selection and incentive assistance.
- Weld County Revolving Loan Fund
- Personal Property Tax Rebate
- Weld Enterprise Zone (EZ) State Income Tax Credits
- Weld County Colorado Enterprise Fund Business Loan Fund
- Supports start-up and small businesses with rates/terms that can be more flexible than traditional banks.
- Weld WORKS Labor Team
- A small “working group” of labor, education, and economic development professionals partner to help employers quickly recruit, train and further develop their workforce.
- Employment Services of Weld County (ESWC)
- Funded by the Department of Labor and Employment the ESWC assists businesses with customized labor services to employers at no charge. Services include job posting, employee recruitment, screening, referrals, job fairs, and much more. ESWC may assistance with identifying potential financial assistance for employee training, child care assistance, and other programs as well.
- NOCO Manufacturing Partnership
- This business lead free membership organization supports Northern Colorado manufacturers through business networking activities, mentoring
- Northern Colorado Heath Sector Partnership
- A collection of heath care entities and public partners focus on education of the public on health care, coordination of behavioral health solutions, increasing workforce skills and changing state regulations.
State of Colorado Programs
The Office of Economic Development and International Trade represents the State of Colorado for site selection and incentive assistance.
Aims Community College
Xcel Energy Business Programs & Rebates