Office of Emergency Management
The mission of the Office of Emergency Management is to coordinate emergency management activities to protect the people, property, economy and environment within the City of Evans.
With warm weather comes severe weather. Our area experiences summer hazards such as extreme heat, tornadoes, hail, torrential rains, lightning, and damaging winds. Flash flooding in streams and rivers may occur with heavy rain.
- What you should know about Severe Weather
- Know what to do before, during, and after severe weather. Know where will you take cover if lightning or a tornado is approaching.
- Pay attention to alerts and warnings that may come on your cell phone, radio, or TV.
- Create a communications plan with your family before severe weather hits.
- Have emergency supplies in place at home, at work, and in the car.
- Listen to local officials for information about what is happening and what you may need to do.
- Check your insurance policies to make sure you have enough coverage.
- Evacuate if advised by local authorities.
- Contact our Emergency Management Office before a disaster to let us know if you have mobility, access, or functional needs and will require assistance during an evacuation.